Sunday, August 21, 2016

frustrated remebering to be thankful....

Rakshabandan a few days ago- a big festival where everyone heads off to the family home.
Sisters take a rakhi- colourful little string for the wrist to their brothers and brothers give their sisters a gift.
 Lovely we swapped the day off to facilitate it....now 3 days later and I am still waiting for some staff to come back. One mentioned he would be one day later....the others just did not turn up . Grrrrrr

I woke up this morning, thinking I would write something today and it all revolved around thank you, thank you to soo many people.....lost the plot a bit when we have so much to do and key people are absent....still.

OK over whinging.... going to clean up my print table and pick up when I meant to start :)

Starting again....
  • I really appreciate the band of friends/ supporters [ perhaps we have not even met but you are acting like friends :)] who share our TSP and CAS posts on social media.
  • I really appreciate the positive response we receive from people far and wide, and I appreciate hearing suggestions and things we need to work on. Where we live is far, far away from most of you and my family and friends it could feel very remote but the contact electronic communications and social media affords make it all seem so close.
  • I really appreciate my mates who still keep up with me.... I love it when I see you and in between when I am home life is quiet intense and busy and I often don't have a lovely newsy letter to write- yours are always savoured and enjoyed... my world is quite the same, same each day.
  • my days are intense and hectic and sometimes frustrating and yet each day I see the people we work with and what they learn and how their life goes and I have a thousand small satisfactions.
  • I got out a new newsletter yesterday for TSP and was so pleased to brag about two triumphs of late. Please pass this along to anyone or shop you think might be interested in us- thanks.
     Two of our boys Nandu [right] and Mukesh [left] have been receiving computer training from Ooyan a computer wiz... they are starting to help with record keeping and moving up from being the unskilled assistants they started as. The looks of enjoyment on their faces as we took a first look at excel and how it can do calculations for you will always be remembered.
    Mrs Rekha has one of our machines at her house, we have been trying to get women into the workshop to no avail, Mrs Rekha and Mrs Om said they would come train on the understanding we would send a machine home with them when they are ready. Unfortunately Mrs Om fizzled- her choice, we have tried a few ideas for her now and Mrs Rekha flourished. She is now taking as much work as she can manage and getting the patching of sari silk for all our garments under control. Such a help for us and she is looking so pleased as we watch her income increase. BIG yeh!
  • I really appreciate the willing of these people to take on something new... challenges can be scary and other we have tried with have had a million and one reasons why they can't or won't.
thank you to all the lovely people we have in our lives, and the lesson we have the opportunity to learn. :)
that's it for today... I have a new idea I want to stitch and am going to leave the office work alone for the day.
---------------------------------------------------
Books are Fun Library update.
bit disappointing at the moment, the space we thought we could buy....no idea what is happening, they have been unresponsive after looking for a buyer????
have to just let it go again for a while I get to tied up over it. Thought we could make a room in our workshop yard but it just won't work having kids coming in here, we are too busy for the distraction.
I have to trust this is just a step along the way until it all falls into place.

No comments: