Sunday, August 28, 2016

Festivals and Bazaaars.

Still raining,
Weather quite mild and the countryside is beautifully green,
Finding the struggle to get cloth dry and block printing happening a bit tiring, and then the sun peaks out and it is so humid my glasses fog up!
Crazy
this was a week ago, another foot or two taller now and green reaching out to cover the road.....such a different world to our usual dust and desert.

The busy time of year has really started to kick in- we were offered a place at the Dastkar Desert Crafts Bazaar in Delhi so are madly scrambling to ready a selection of our new khadi/blockprint/handstitch/ indigo ideas as well as a selection of our very popular recycled silk sari stitch work.
This is the first of 3 events we will participate in, in Delhi over the next few months, as well as many visitors to the workshop and running away to tours.
All fun in their own way.
If you are in Delhi, come and say Hello to us, let us know if there is something you would really like us to bring up for you.
 It has been busy but really enjoyed working on our latest offerings....this Apron inspired pinafore really seems to fit most sizes....it has ties at the back so adjusts and gives a flattering shape from the front, it feels quite romantic or feminine to wear but not hard to wear...I do like things practical. Pop a black Tshirt under it and I am ready for the day.
 It sounded easy- a nice loose dress- so inspired when I see designers like Daniela Griegs and TM Collection rock them...it has taken ages to get is just right.... This loose dress we have in 2 sizes S [which sits well on UK/AU 8-10-12 even 14] and L [fine for 14-16-18- 20 maybe 22] a wide range...I have been trying them on everyone I come across to see how they sit.

In Vietnam earlier in the year one of our guests had a lovely little shift dress on- liked her detailing. We did a nice shift last year, easy to wear over pants or with bare legs....so I used the shape and was inspired by her detailing and voila the new Rosie shift dress....some of our block print gave it all the pop it needed. Aqua/grey and Rose/orange were the colourways....  Mahendra my block print guy did not quite get my colour instructions so we have now have black/grey stripe as well. I like that look so much I have snapped one up!
Our little Etsy shop is starting to work well for us.
I have been working hard on tweaking the descriptions and sorting out all measurements and details....let me know if you have any suggestions.

Praveen and I have enjoyed getting these new ideas together....well yes a bit of muttering sometimes, translating ideas and getting through the workload but each one we say YES! too feels like a pat on the back.
The Dastkar event was good timing as we will get to see them out in the world, it really helps us understand how they look.

Office work is pretty much up to date- so a big day of stitching ahead and dreaming Ethiopia....we've just about got all in place for a reccy end of December, I am so excited..... source of the Blue Nile, Rock hewn churches, Omo Valley, crocodile market....doesn't the mind boggle, do you take them in on a lead?

Stitch away :)
This week is no less busy than last...possibly more, the big change is I am trying to master my response. I can get rather cross and snappy when tired and feeling like too much to do. Doesn't change the work load, really stresses Praveen out and leaves everyone miserable. Been trying to give myself a shake up. Stop work when I go home, break down things into do-able lists for today and make the occasional joke. Fake it until you make it....the laughs have come easier as the week progressed and we have made headway in a much happier manner.
Note to self- keep that idea in mind. :)
 

No comments: